In 2003, Bishop Hector Luis Bonano took on the coordinating role with CONLICO, The Fellowship of Council Leaders. CONLICO had begun in 1998 as the result of the vision of Dr. Kittim Silva-Bermúdez and Radio Visíon Cristiana. As the Hispanic church community rapidly grew, both the radio station and CONLICO were seen as vehicles to unite and mobilize the diverse Hispanic population.
The Vision of CONLICO
CONLICO exists to support the Pentecostal Churches:
In his role as the CONLICO coordinator, Bishop Bonano has sought to mobilize the churches and build partnerships that span the language, organizational, and denominational spectrum. His own church has partnered with World Vision to feed 1000 families per month.
In March of 2005, under Bishop Bonano’s leadership CONLICO rallied 30,000 Hispanics and other citizens to address the sanctity of marriage on the steps of the Supreme Court in the Bronx. This rally, the largest of its kind in the nation, was also attended by Jewish Rabbis. CONLICO has also taken a leadership role by traveling to Albany to appeal to state legislators on the necessity of having traditional family values reflected in their governance.
CONLICO is the fellowship of Pentecostal and Charismatic Council leaders, be it international or state, who reside in the metropolitan areas of New York, New Jersey Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
Our purpose is:
- To procure and maintain the unity of the Body of Christ in our area, thus establishing harmony and fellowship among the various Pentecostal and Charismatic groups.
- To represent the Pentecostal and Charismatic churches before all governmental authorities and other forums; and to be the official voice of the Pentecostal, Evangelical and Charismatic churches of our region.
- To celebrate spiritual activities that promotes the unity of the church and demonstrates the magnitude of the same in our communities.
- To encourage, support and promote "The Great Commission" by preaching the gospel to all nations.
- To promote the socio-economic development of the Evangelical Pentecostal and Charismatic churches in our region.
- To be willing to collaborate in situations of emergency.
To only view content click "Viewer" link.
To help the church spread the word click "Referrer" link.
If you are interested in being a creator and posting content such as singing, dancing, etc. and possibly generating extra revenue by doing so Click "Creator" link.